Site Content – American Legion Post 248 provides American Legion membership, as well as hall rental services.
Conditions of Sale –
- All bookingreservations should be made online and can be done so by clicking here. For any questions regarding any of the policies listed below please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Post 248 Hall can be rented with a deposit of $250 at the rate of $75 per hour Sunday thru Friday, $100 per hour on Saturday, (Min of 4 hour rental) 2 hour setup and 2 hour clean up at no cost. No dates are guaranteed until received.
- Deposit fee will be returned if there is no breakage, damage or loss to the building contents and Hall is cleaned after the event to include taking all trash from the Hall, kitchen and bathrooms to the dumpster. Kitchen must be cleaned if used. Chairs are to be put on top of tables and floor is to be swept (mopped if there is spillage) including bathrooms and kitchen. Outside premises must be cleaned of any and all debris from event.
- The charge for each additional hour or fraction thereof is your hourly rate plus tax. The rental fee must be paid no later than sixty (60) days prior to scheduled event, and is non- refundable in the event of cancellation within 60 days of the event. The charge for additional hours is due 3 days before the event and only if agreed upon by management.
Modification – Any modifications of this agreement must be in writing and agreed upon by both parties.
Governing Law – This Agreement shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the State of Florida without reference to conflicts of law principles. Exclusive venue for any litigation permitted under this Agreement shall be Hillsborough County, Florida. Each party irrevocably and unconditionally: (a) agrees that any suit, action or other legal proceeding arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be brought in the courts of record of the State of Florida in Hillsborough County or the courts of the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida; (b) consents to the jurisdiction of each such court in any such suit, action or proceeding; (c) waives any objection which is may have to the laying of venue of any such suit, action or proceeding in any such courts; and (d) agrees that service of any court paper may be effected on such party by any manner as may be provided under applicable laws or court rules in said state.
- Decorations are permitted on ceilings and walls (no staples or nails are to be used). Nothing is to be hung from the ceiling fans. All decorations must be removed completely after event.
- Liquor, wine and beer – We do NOT have a license to sell alcohol. Unless you hire a caterer that has a liquor license and is fully insured you can not sell liquor, wine or beer, you can only give it away. You , as the renter are responsible for any and all legal action caused by your event related to the consumption of these beverages. An employee will be present during events and will request all liquor to stop being served if they deem it necessary for the protection of others. Alcohol is not allowed in the parking lot unless the Event has been noted and agreed to as an outside event.
- Building Access — Renter agrees that the number given above and only that number will be used to contact management for access to the building for decorating prior to the event. When calling from that number they agree to taking full responsibility of the premises such as locking the door when they leave and understand that their event is not to start until the start time noted above.
- Parking on site: We have limited parking on site all parking outside of our property will be at renter own risk and Post 248 have no liability.
Purchase Errors –
- Deposit is non-refundable due to cancellation 30 days before event. The deposit will become refundable if we are able to rent the Hall on the date reserved. If hall is not cleaned by next morning after the event the deposit becomes non-refundable. All damages or non-performance of this agreement will be deducted from deposit .(STRICTLY ENFORCED)
Trademarks and Copyrights –
- The American Legion name and logo retain their trademarks and copyrights.
Disclaimers/Limitation of Liabilities – This needs legal content I can’t provide.
Cancellation or Termination –
- Hall rental can be cancelled or terminated if payment is declined, if use of the hall is inappropriate to the mission of the American Legion, or if the prospective renting party cancels their event more than 30 days from renting the hall.